The Recycling Zone is the County-run recycling center in Eagan, MN. This facility is where all Dakota County residents can bring recyclables, electronics, scrap metal, paint, household chemicals, hazardous waste and other items that shouldn't go in the trash. The Recycling Zone is open to all residents living in Dakota County or the other metro-area counties. A full list of accepted items and more information about available programs can be found on the Dakota County Recycling Zone website.
Businesses can only dispose of their hazardous waste at The Recycling Zone through the Very Small Quantity Generator Program. Visit Dakota County's For Businesses page for more information and to schedule an appointment
3365 Dodd Road (South Highway 149)
Eagan, MN 55121
*The Recycling Zone is closed New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Acceptable Items From Residents (free unless otherwise noted)
- Household hazardous waste such as paint, automotive oil, chemicals, cleaners and fertilizers
- Ammunition (Please do NOT bring ammunition to your local Police Department)
- Electronics such as laptops, stereos, DVD players, satellite dishes, and cell phones (Computer monitors and TV's have a $10 per-item drop-off fee)
- Small household electronics such as toasters, vacuums, radios and coffee makers
- Scrap metal
- Tires (Fees starting at $5)
- Basic recyclables: aluminum cans, cardboard boxes, glass, and plastic bottles
- More recyclable plastics: yogurt, pudding and fruit cups, plastic disposable drinking cups, margarine, cream cheese and cottage cheese tubs, and deli containers
- Recyclable paper cartons: milk cartons, juice cartons, juice boxes, and broth/soup cartons.
- Appliances (including humidifers, dehumidfiers, microwaves, and water heaters)
- Plastic Bags
- Styrofoam (place in trash)
- Reuse Zone: Residents can also pick up free products from The Reuse Zone. When items are brought in and are still usable, The Recycling Zone puts them out for reuse. Items in The Reuse Zone include paint, chemicals, cleaners, solvents, etc.
- Lead Sinker Exchange: Exchange your lead sinkers for non-hazardous alternatives, free of charge.
- Thermometer Exchange: Exchange your old mercury thermometers for non-hazardous alternatives, free of charge.