This year, Dakota Valley Recycling is hosting their first annual Summer Drop-off Event on Saturday, June 6, 2020. The event (formerly known as the I Love Burnsville Drop-off Event) is now open to all residents of Apple Valley, Burnsville, Eagan and Lakeville. Appliances, electronics, scrap metal, bicycles, and confidential documents will be accepted at this event.
Date: June 6, 2020
Time: 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Location: Burnsville Maintenance Facility
13713 Frontier Ct, Burnsville MN 55337
Additional Details: Apple Valley, Burnsville, Eagan and Lakeville residents only
ACCEPTED ITEMS for a fee (cash or check only):
- All Appliances: washers, dryers, refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, microwaves, water heaters and other misc. appliances ($10/each)
- Computer monitors and televisions ($20-$45, depending on size)
- Other residential electronic devices such as computer equipment, stereos and DVD players ($5/each)
- Power equipment: snowblowers, lawn mowers, weep whips, etc. ($10/each) ALL FLUIDS MUST BE DRAINED
ACCEPTED ITEMS for FREE
- Scrap metal - free of wood/plastic debris
- Bicycles in any condition; will be refurbished and donated
- Confidential documents for shredding - limit to four paper bags or small boxes per vehicle
Items NOT accepted at this event: Mattresses and box springs, hazardous waste (aerosols, batteries, cleaners, paint, light bulbs, pesticides, etc.), furniture including futons, air mattresses, construction/demolition materials, vacuum cleaners, or tires.
How to prepare appliances, electronics, and scrap metal for the drop-off event:
- Remove all batteries from electronics
- Drain all fluids from scrap metal
- Put similar materials together in trunk/trailer of vehicle and remove all other items from trunk/trailer
Burnsville residents: If you are unable to participate on this date, see the Curbside Collection Week opportunity, or click the item in the list below for other disposal options.
Questions? Call the Dakota Valley Recycling at 952-895-4511 or contact us via email.