This year, Dakota Valley Recycling is hosting their first annual Summer Drop-off Event on Saturday, June 5, 2021. The event (formerly known as the I Love Burnsville Drop-off Event) is now open to all residents of Apple Valley, Burnsville, Eagan and Lakeville. Appliances, electronics, scrap metal, bicycles, and confidential documents will be accepted at this event.
Date: June 5, 2021
Time: 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Location: Burnsville Maintenance Facility
13713 Frontier Ct, Burnsville MN 55337
Additional Details: Apple Valley, Burnsville, Eagan and Lakeville residents only.
Items are accepted for a per-item fee.
- Appliances including washers, dryers, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, dishwashers, freezers, furnaces, microwaves, refrigerators, ovens, water softeners, water heaters, and other miscellaneous appliances--$10 each
- Power tools, such as lawn mowers, snow blowers, and garden equipment--ALL FLUIDS MUST BE DRAINED--Price varies by item
- Scrap metal--REMOVE NON-METAL PIECES--$5/load
- Computer monitors and televisions--$20-$40 depending on size
- Other residential electronic devices such as computers, stereos, DVD players, and vacuum cleaners--$5 each
- FREE--confidential documents for shredding (limit 4 paper bags or small boxes per vehicle)
- Mattresses and box springs
- Hazardous waste such as aerosols, household batteries, cleaners, paint, light bulbs, pesticides, etc.
- Furniture, including futons
- Air mattresses
- Construction/demolition materials
How to prepare appliances, electronics, and scrap metal for the drop-off event:
- Remove all batteries from electronics
- Drain all fluids from power equipment
- Put similar materials together in trunk/trailer of vehicle and remove all other items from trunk/trailer
Burnsville residents: If you are unable to participate on this date, see the Curbside Collection Week opportunity, or click the item in the list below for other disposal options.
Questions? Call the Dakota Valley Recycling at 952-895-4511 or contact us via email.