Dakota County and the City of Burnsville are hosting their annual Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off Day on Saturday, Sept. 28th, 2019 from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm at the Burnsville Maintenance Facility. The drop off is open to all Dakota County Residents. A valid drivers license is required.
Date: Saturday, Sept. 28th 2019
Time: 9:00 AM- 2:00 PM
Location: Burnsville Maintenance Facility
13713 Frontier Court, Burnsville MN
ITEMS ACCEPTED AT NO COST:
- Household Hazardous Waste: aerosols, auto batteries, cleaners, fire extinguishers, fluorescent bulbs/tubes, gasoline, lawn chemicals, paint, pesticides, propane cylinders, rechargeable batteries, thermostats, used oil/filters, most products labeled dangerous, corrosive, flammable, poison, or combustible.
- Electronics: VCRs, DVD players, computers (not monitors), printers, computer accessories, stereos, digital cameras, fax equipment, electronic gaming systems, cell phones and other miscellaneous electronic devices.
- Misc. Electric Household Items: Vacuum cleaners, carpet sweepers, coffee makers, blenders (without glass), mixers, bread makers, fryers, food sealing equipment, electric knives, clothes irons, shaving equipment, hair dryers, holiday lights, space heaters, radios, clocks, telephones, fans, cameras, toaster ovens and misc. electric tools (drills, sanders, etc). Batteries must be removed from all devices.
- Scrap Metal: Lawn mowers, snow blowers and power tools (fluids MUST be drained), metal grills (separate propane tank for HHW disposal) metal lawn furniture and other scrap metal items.
- Appliances: Washers, dryers, furnaces and trash compactors
- Tires: please separate from rim.
- Bicycles: drop-off bicycles of any size in any condition to be either refurbished or recycled.
- Document Destruction: Computer paper, copy paper, envelopes, letterhead, notepad/legal paper, fax paper, junk mail, file folders, phone message notes. Paper clips and staples DO NOT have to be removed. No cardboard boxes, binders or rubber bands.
ITEMS ACCEPTED FOR A PER-ITEM FEE (cash or check only):
- Electronics: Televisions and computer monitors will be accepted for $10 each.
- Appliances: Most appliances will be accepted for a fee, including air conditioners, microwaves, hot water heaters, water softeners, garbage disposals, stoves/ovens, heat pumps, refrigerators, freezers, dehumidifiers and dishwashers.
Items NOT ACCEPTED at this event:
- NO carpet: for disposal of carpet and carpet padding, click here.
- NO furniture: for reuse options of furniture in good condition, click here. For disposal options, click here.
- NO ammonia-gas appliances (such as RV appliances): ammonia-power appliances can be brought to JR's Advanced Recycling for a fee. For more information, click here.
- NO business waste: If you are a business with small amounts of hazardous waste, you may qualify for Dakota County's Very Small Quantity Generator (VSQG) program. For more information, click here.
For more information, or to find out if your item is accepted at the Drop-Off Day, call 952-895-4511
The Hazardous Waste Collection Event is partially funded by the city of Burnsville, Dakota County, and the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency