Recycling from your home through curbside recycling collection is an easy and convenient way to do your part. Simply put out your recyclables on your pickup day and your hauler will do the rest.
With new technology available, haulers are accepting more items than ever before. Follow the guide below for what can be recycled or check out a hauler-specific recycling guide to find out exactly what can go in your bin at home. Just click on your garbage company's logo for a list accepted recyclables.
Recyclable Materials Accepted at the Curb:
- Plastic bottles and jugs
- Water, soda and juice bottles
- Milk and juice jugs
- Ketchup and salad dressing bottles
- Dishwashing soap bottles and detergent jugs
- Shampoo, soap and lotion bottles
- Pudding, and fruit cups
- Containers including margarine, cottage cheese, and yogurt
- MAYBE (view your hauler guide): Disposable cups and bowls; Deli and take out containers; Clear packaging from toys and electronics; Plastic caps and lids.
Glass food and beverage bottles and jars of any color
- Metal food and beverage cans
- MAYBE (view your hauler guide): aluminum foil, empty aerosol cans, scrap metal.
- Milk cartons
- Juice boxes
- Soup, broth and wine cartons
- Mail, office and school papers
- Magazines and catalogs
- Newspapers and inserts
- Phone books
- Cardboard boxes
- Cereal boxes, cracker boxes, pasta boxes, cake mix boxes
- Boxes from toothpaste, medications and other toiletries, and facial tissue
- Tubes from paper towel and toilet paper
- Soda and Beer cases
- MAYBE (view your hauler guide): Pizza boxes, Paper egg cartons, Refrigerated or frozen food boxes.