If you recently removed carpeting from your home, you have a number of options to dispose of it. Bro-Tex, a textile recycling company in Saint Paul, gives you the opportunity to recycle your unwanted carpeting at a number of locations around the Twin Cities metropolitan area. To recycle your carpet with Bro-Tex, it must meet the following requirements:
- Carpet must be dry, clean, and debris-free
- Carpet and carpet padding must be separated
- Carpet must be rolled or bagged; rolls should be a maximum of six feet in length and should be tied with string or twine -- no duct tape.
- rubber-backed, carpet tile or other rigid flooring
- carpet scraps or trimmings
- carpet with tack strips, nails or staples
This carpet will be recycled into new carpet, plastic parts such as drain pipes, acoustic matting or absorbent products for spills. The following business has a drop-off location for carpet.
Carver County Environmental Center
116 Peavy Cir
Chaska, MN 55318
Call for hours
Fee: $20 per load