The Recycling Zone (location & hours)
The Recycling Zone is the County recycling center where all Dakota County residents and businesses can dispose of recyclables, electronics, scrap metal, paint, household chemicals, hazardous waste, and other items that shouldn't go in the trash. The Recycling Zone is open to all residents living in Dakota County or the other metro-area counties.
The Recycling Zone is located at:
3365 Dodd Road (South Highway 149)
Eagan, MN 55121
[click here for Google Maps]
Wednesday: 9:00am - 8:00pm
Items accepted from residents include:
- Household hazardous waste like chemicals, cleaners, paint, automtive oil and fertilizers (no charge)
- Electronics like televisions and computers (no charge)
- NEW! Small household electronics like toasters, vaccuums and coffee makers (no charge)
- Scrap metal (no charge)
- Tires (for a fee)
- Recyclables: aluminum cans, cardboard boxes, glass and plastic bottles and plastic bags (no charge, aluminum can redemption available)
- NEW! Recyclables: yogurt, pudding and fruit cups; plastic disposable drinking cups (such as Solo cups) margarine, cream cheese and cottage cheese tubs; deli containers
- NEW! Recyclables: Paper food and beverage cartons: milk cartons, juice cartons, juice boxes, broth/soup cartons.
Residents can also pickup free products--when items are brought in and are still usable, The Recycling Zone puts them out for reuse. Items on the "reuse shelf" include paint, chemicals, cleaners, solvents, etc.
Visit The Recycling Zone web site for a full listing of residential and business services, and directions.
Learn more about The Recycling Zone from the Eagan Television segment:
Tours of The Recycling Zone are open to Dakota County residents and groups (girls and boy scouts, churches, etc.) for free. Learn about proper management of household chemicals, recyclables and problem materials such as computers and other home electronics. The tour looks at what happens at The Recycling Zone and the importance of pollution prevention. Visit The Recycling Zone web site for details.