The Recycling Zone is the County-run recycling center in Eagan, MN. This facility is where all Dakota County residents can bring recyclables, electronics, scrap metal, paint, household chemicals, hazardous waste and other items that shouldn't go in the trash. The Recycling Zone is open to all residents living in Dakota County or the other metro-area counties.
Businesses can only dispose of their hazardous waste at the Recycling Zone through the Very Small Quantity Generator Program.
Visit Dakota County's For Businesses page for more information and to schedule an appointment
The Recycling Zone is located at:
3365 Dodd Road (South Highway 149)
Eagan, MN 55121
Acceptable items from residents include (free of charge unless otherwise noted):
- Household hazardous waste like paint, automotive oil, chemicals, cleaners and fertilizers
- Electronics like laptops, stereos, DVD players, satellite dishes, and cell phones (UPDATE: Computer monitors and TV's have a $10 drop off fee as of August 1st, 2016)
- Small household electronics like toasters, vaccuums, radios and coffee makers
- Scrap metal
- Tires (for a fee)
- Basic recyclables: aluminum cans, cardboard boxes, glass and plastic bottles and plastic bags
- More recyclable plastics: yogurt, pudding and fruit cups; plastic disposable drinking cups (such as Solo cups) margarine, cream cheese and cottage cheese tubs; deli containers
- Recyclable paper cartons: milk cartons, juice cartons, juice boxes, broth/soup cartons.
Residents can also pick up free products--when items are brought in and are still usable, The Recycling Zone puts them out for reuse. Items on the "reuse shelf" include paint, chemicals, cleaners, solvents, etc.
A full list of accepted items and more information about available programs can be found on the Dakota County website.
Educational Experiences of The Recycling Zone are open to Dakota County residents and groups (girls and boy scouts, churches, etc.) for free! The tour looks at what happens at The Recycling Zone and the importance of pollution prevention. To schedule an educational experience visit the Recycling Zone Educational Experience Page.