2016 Business Recycling Law
New Recycling Requirement for Businesses
Starting January 1, 2016, recycling will be the law for many businesses. Commercial building owners operating or leasing to a retail establishment, restaurant, educational or professional service, health care service or any other business with a North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) code between 42 and 81 and contracting disposal of at least four cubic yards of solid waste per week must recycle at least three materials, such as paper, glass, plastic, metal and organics (food waste and soiled paper).
Ask a DVR Staff
Got a question about recycling? Not sure how to dispose of a household item? Need information about yard waste sites, landfills, or The Recycling Zone?
If your question isn't covered by the content on this website, use the Contact section to send an email directly to a Dakota Valley Recycling staff.
Burnsville Curbside Collection Week (June 5th-10th)
It's that time of year again for Burnsville's annual curbside collection week. This year, Buckingham Companies will be doing a curbside pick-up of bulky items, appliances, & electronics for a discounted, per-item fee. Make sure to call Buckingham Companies directly at 952-226-6441 to schedule a pick-up for the week of June 5th and arrange payment.
Collection Week: June 5th- June 10th, during your normal garbage collection day
To schedule pick-up: Residents must call Buckingham directly at 952-226-6441 and mention the I Love Burnsville Curbside Collection to receive reduced rate.
|NOTE: Pickup will be on the same day as weekly garbage collection. Items can only be left out on the DAY OF scheduled pickup.|
Items accepted and fees:
- Appliances such as air conditioner, microwave, refrigerator/freezer, stove/oven, water heater, washer, dryer, water softener, dehumidifier ($35 per item)
- Electronics: Computer set ($30); Computer monitor ($20); Computer keyboard ($6); Printer/Copier ($25-$45); VCR DVD Player or stereo ($12)
- Under 13": $20
- 13"-25": $30
- 26"-27"": $35
- 28"-35": $55
- 36"and larger: $70
- Chairs ($10-$20); Stuffed chair ($20); Reclining chair ($25);
- Couch ($25); Hide-A-Bed ($45)
- Table ($30); Desk ($30)
- Toilet ($10)
- Entertainment center ($30)
- Mattress ($25); Box spring ($25); Bed Frame ($20)
- Mirror ($5); Lamp ($5); Vacuum ($5)
- Stationary exercise bicycle ($20); Treadmill ($30); Bicycles ($10)
- Gas grill ($20); Lawn mower ($25-$40); Snow blowers ($30-$35); Leaf blower/weed trimmer ($15)
- Patio Door ($30); Storm/interior door ($15)
- Tires ($15-$50)
Curious about the other I Love Burnsville Events? Click here for more information. Questions? Call the Burnsville Recycling department (Dakota Valley Recycling) at 952-895-4515 or contact us via email.
Burnsville Spring Drop-Off Event
This year, in coordination with the I Love Burnsville Week, the City of Burnsville will be hosting their annual Residential Drop-Off Day on June 3rd. Appliances, electronics, scrap metal, and bicycles will be accepted at this event.
Date: June 3rd, 2017
Time: 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Location: Burnsville Maintenance Facility
13713 Frontier Ct, Burnsville MN 55337
Additional Details: Burnsville Residents only
ACCEPTED ITEMS (cash or check only):
- Appliances including air conditioners, refrigerators, freezers, dehumidifiers, humidifiers, and water softeners ($13)
- Appliances including washers, dryers, ovens, microwaves, dishwashers, water heaters and other miscellaneous items ($8)
- Scrap metal including lawn, garden and power tools; ALL FLUIDS MUST BE DRAINED ($0.04 per pound)
- Computer monitors and televisions ($20-$45)
- Other residential electronic devices such as computer equipment, stereos and DVD players ($5)
- Bicycles in any condition; will be refurbished and donated (NO CHARGE)
Items NOT accepted at this event: Hazardous waste (aerosols, batteries, cleaners, paint, light bulbs, pesticides, etc.), furniture, mattresses and box springs, construction/demolition materials, vacuum cleaners, or tires.
How to prepare appliances, electronics, and scrap metal for the drop-off event:
- Remove all batteries from electronics
- Drain all fluids from scrap metal
- Put similar materials together in trunk/trailer of vehicle and remove all other items from trunk/trailer
If you are unable to participate on this date, see the Curbside Collection Week opportunity, or click the item in the list below for other disposal options.
Curious about the other I Love Burnsville events? Click here for more information. Questions? Call the Burnsville Recycling Department (Dakota Valley Recycling) at 952-895-4511 or contact us via email.