The Recycling Zone is the recycling center in Eagan, MN. This County-run facility is where all Dakota County residents and businesses can bring recyclables, electronics, scrap metal, paint, household chemicals, hazardous waste and other items that shouldn't go in the trash. The Recycling Zone is open to all residents living in Dakota County or the other metro-area counties.
The Recycling Zone is located at:
3365 Dodd Road (South Highway 149)
Eagan, MN 55121
Acceptable items from residents include (free of charge unless otherwise noted):
- Household hazardous waste like paint, automotive oil, chemicals, cleaners and fertilizers
- Electronics like laptops, stereos, DVD players and cell phones (UPDATE: Computer monitors and TV's have a $10 drop off fee as of August 1st, 2016)
- Small household electronics like toasters, vaccuums, radios and coffee makers
- Scrap metal
- Tires (for a fee)
- Basic recyclables: aluminum cans, cardboard boxes, glass and plastic bottles and plastic bags
- More recyclable plastics: yogurt, pudding and fruit cups; plastic disposable drinking cups (such as Solo cups) margarine, cream cheese and cottage cheese tubs; deli containers
- Recyclable paper cartons: milk cartons, juice cartons, juice boxes, broth/soup cartons.
Residents can also pick up free products--when items are brought in and are still usable, The Recycling Zone puts them out for reuse. Items on the "reuse shelf" include paint, chemicals, cleaners, solvents, etc.
Learn more about The Recycling Zone with this segment from the City of Lakeville:
Visit The Recycling Zone web site for a more information.
Tours of The Recycling Zone are open to Dakota County residents and groups (girls and boy scouts, churches, etc.) for free. Learn about proper management of household chemicals, recyclables and problem materials such as computers and other home electronics. The tour looks at what happens at The Recycling Zone and the importance of pollution prevention. To schedule a tour visit the Recycling Zone Educational Experience Page.