Burnsville HHW Drop-Off Day (September 27)
Household Hazardous Waste Drop-Off Day
Saturday, September 27, 2014
9:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M.
Burnsville Maintenance Facility
13713 Frontier Court, Burnsville, MN 55337
Open to all Dakota County residents
Questions? Call 952-895-4511
This year's household hazardous waste (HHW) drop-off day will occur on Saturday, September 27 from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm at the Burnsville Maintenance Center (13713 Frontier Court, Burnsville). Accepted at this event free of charge will be:
- HHW: aerosols, auto batteries, cleaners, fire extinguishers, fluorescent lights, gasoline, lawn chemicals, paint, pesticides, propane cylinders, rechargeable batteries, thermostats, used oil/filters, most products labeled dangerous, corrosive, flammable, poison, or combustible.
- Electronics: Televisions, VCRs, DVD players, computers, computer monitors, printers, computer accessories, stereos, digital cameras, fax equipment, electronic gaming systems, cell phones and other miscellaneous electronic devices.
- Misc. Electric Household Items: Vaccuum cleaners, carpet sweepers, coffee makers, blenders (without glass carafe), mixers, bread makers, fryers, food sealing equipment, electric knives, clothes irons, shaving equipment, hair dryers, holiday lights, space heaters, radios, clocks, telephones, fans, cameras, toaster ovens, and misc. electric tools (drills, sanders, etc). Batteries must be removed from all devices.
- Appliances:: air conditioners, clothes washers, clothes dryers, hot water heaters, microwaves, water softeners, garbage disposals, trash compactors, stoves/ovens, furnaces, heat pumps, refrigerators, freezers, dehumidifiers and dishwashers.
- Scrap Metal: lawn mowers, snow blowers and power tools (fluids MUST be drained), metal grills (separate propane tank for HHW disposal) metal lawn furniture and other scrap metal items.
- Tires: please separate from rim.
- Document Destruction: computer paper, copy paper, envelopes, letterhead, notepad/legal paper, fax paper, junk mail, file folders, phone message notes. Paper clips and staples DO NOT have to be removed.
Items NOT ACCEPTED at this event:
- NO carpet: for disposal of carpet and carpet padding, click here.
- NO furniture: for reuse options of furniture in good condition, click here. For disposal options, click here.
- NO ammonia-gas appliances (such as RV appliances): ammonia-power appliances can be brought to JR's Advanced Recycling for a fee. For more information, click here.